Monday, January 12, 2009

The Greatest Thing Ever.

Received the following email from a friend.... and I must admit... this might actually be the greatest thing, ever.

I was looking up an AC360 clip when I came across a clip of The Shot featuring THE GREATEST THING EVER. I quickly youtubed the actual clips referred to in The Shot and found this:

Every Friday, if there are no major traffic delays or weather concerns, the hugely talented traffic reporter for WKRC-TV Cincinnati Channel 12 News dances, literally dances, the report. His name is Bob Herzog and he is clearly destined to one day become the greatest network television evening news anchor of all time. But until then, he completes his 5:45 AM traffic reports (sometimes in costume) breaking it down to Vanilla Ice, New Kids on the Block, Billy Idol and Elvis just to name a few. I've linked you to a few of my favorites but I invite you to spend the rest of your winter break youtubing all of these glorious videos as I will certainly be doing.

And to you, oh [local] journalists I ask, why has KOMU not adopted this for their own broadcasts? Surely Dean Brooks needs to be made aware of these advances in journalism taking place in Ohio of all places. Surely Columbia, home to the greatest school of journalism in all the world, should be privy to its own dancing television news program. Please get on this as soon as possible.

In any case, I've never truly wanted a blog or a facebook until right this moment because this must be shared with the masses. So I give you this: Dance Party Friday!!

NKOTB (in which Bob wears a denim jacket):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MPZJZc5WY&feature=related

Billy Idol (in which Bob literally dances with himself):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrsjicVBZw&feature=related

C+C Music Factory (in which Bob raps with a co-host):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJsw-XhDjc&feature=related

The Go-Gos (in which Bob returns from vacation solely for DPF):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjQ00_M6MlE&feature=related

No comments: