Monday, October 01, 2007

Night of Power Dua (August, 2007)

okay okay, so the whole "Dua of the Month" thing didn't work out as nicely as I'd like... because I only did it once and that was 8 months ago. So... maybe this should be more of a sporadic dua thing.

Since it's almost time for the last 10 nights of Ramadan [which contains Laylatul Qadr ("The Night of Power") during which it's said that the Quran was brought down to the Prophet (saw) and worship in this night is worth the equivalent of a thousand months of worship], I figured this would be appropriate:

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:

I asked: "O Messenger of Allah! If I realize Lailat-ul-Qadr (Night of Decree), what should I supplicate in it?"

He (PBUH) replied, "You should supplicate:
Allahumma innaka `afuwwun, tuhibbul-`afwa, fa`fu `anni
[O Allah! Thou art the Most forgiving, Thou lovest forgiveness, so forgive me.]."
[At-Tirmidhi].

No comments: