Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Top 10 Jalen Rose Quotes

I think Jalen lost (or lessened) his sense of humor once he became a knick... but really, can you blame him?

Via The "Top Ten" Blog

1. "Like I told the guys earlier, once he turns 21 and is able to drink, it's over. "
After LeBron James scored 56 points against his team, the Toronto Raptors.

2. "There's always going to be criticism when your name is Jalen. You have to wear a bulletproof vest and be ready for it."

3. "It must have been two in the morning when we got to Detroit, 'cause nothing was open but hospitals, jails, and legs."

4. "He probably was a little tired from All-Star Weekend. While he was running up and down the court throwing it off the backboard, I was laying on the beach drinking a fruity drink with an umbrella. So I probably gave myself an unfair advantage on that one."
Explaining why he outplayed Carter two days after the All-Star Game.

5. "I put together our roster on "NBA Live" and we're pretty good."
On explaining his surprise over the Knicks' horrible 23-59 record

6. "I reckon I have a chance if my team goes 82-0 and I do well."
On being repeatedly ignored for the All-Star game.

7. "Maybe I just didn't want Bush to win. I would have voted for you (the reporter) if you were running. Can't be any worse than what we've got. "
Explaining his donation in 2004 to the Democratic Party.

8. "I've got to stop this. My entourages are getting entourages."
On the trouble finding tickets for everyone when he returns to Detroit

9. "I'm a GM in fantasy basketball and I'm a GM on PlayStation, so on PlayStation I probably would have got a little more, but this is real life, so I don’t know."
On the Vince Carter trade.

10. "He was counting. All I heard him say was ,'One one-thousand,' but I think he forgot the other four."
On getting a costly 5-second call near the end of a game.

No comments: