Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Graffiti Project on Kelburn Castle

I adore well done graf. If it wasn't such an expensive medium (now I need a friggin castle too?! damn), I'd give it a shot myself. I'll have to stick to gel pens, thanks.

The idea is simple and original: take the vibrant and often transient art form of Brazilian graffiti out of its predominantly urban context and apply it to the ancient and permanent walls of an historic rural castle in Scotland.


http://www.thegraffitiproject.net

Highly highly recommended! I guess they wanted to be done by May 31st, 2007, but due Scotland's trademark rain, they're still going.

Check out the site, especially the videos and photographs. In one of the videos you can see them drawing a hijabi girl. I dunno why.

There's also a few previous works by the artists that are worth checking out. Farah approved :thumbup:

No comments: